Sometimes the functioning of the course can be affected by the type of browser you use to navigate the Internet. Do not worry, here we show you how to proceed so that you can watch the videos and record your voice.
We recommend our students use Google Chrome, which you can install for free on your computer. If you are using the Google Chrome browser, you may have to allow your camera and microphone access from the grey bar which appears at the top of the window. If this bar appears, select the “Allow” option. If this bar does not appear:
- Go to the unit’s “Speak” section.
- Click the camera icon which appears on the right of the browser’s address bar.
- Select "Always allow campus.abaenglish.com to access your camera and microphone" and click "Finished".
- A grey bar will appear at the top of the page. Click "Reload".
- Once the page has loaded, go back to the “Speak” section and the grey bar will appear allowing access to the microphone and camera. Click “Allow”.
If you are using Mozilla Firefox you may have to allow access to your camera and microphone from the bar that appears at the top of the window. If you see this bar, you must click on “Allow”. Without this permission, you will not be able to watch all the videos correctly and you will not be able to record your own voice within the course. If you clicked on “Continue blocking”, click on the red icon that will appear on the left in the browser’s address bar and now click on “Allow and remember”.
If you are using Internet Explorer, remember to update your browser to the latest version. Always be sure of having the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed in your computer. You can check if you have the latest version by clicking here.